Step-by-Step Guide to checking Aadhaar Authentication history online
Aadhaar has dominated headlines for being the most controversial national identity card. It is issued by UIDAI or the Unique Identification Authority of India. Today, many Indians hold an Aadhaar card which is useful for various things ranging from getting a new sim card or opening a bank account. Each individual’s Aadhaar data comprises of their biometric details including fingerprints and retina scan. The Government has passed a ruling that makes it compulsory for individuals to link their Aadhaar with their bank accounts, mobile number, etc.
Owing to the mammoth amount of secure data that is linked to Aadhaar, individuals are concerned about any leak that can happen to their information. This makes it imperative to verify any website’s authentication prior to linking it with your Aadhar details. UIDAI has launched a new tool in this regard, known as the “Aadhaar Authentication History” tool. This tool allows users to verify their Aadhaar authentication online and get hold of relevant information such as the transaction ID, code of error, mode used to authenticate, etc. With this, an individual can know when an agency accessed its biometric or demographic information.
One should keep checking their Authentication history online every once in a while in order to refrain a breach of data from happening. The process is fairly convenient and easy an can be done by following the steps given below:
Fellow this steps to check Aadhaar Authentication history online
- Go to the following link: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/.
- After reaching the home page of UIDAI, click on ‘Aadhaar Authentication History’ (you will find this in the section on Aadhaar Services)
- You will be redirected to the relevant webpage by the name of Aadhaar Authentication History.
- Now, enter your Aadhaar Number. (12 digits)
- Input your security code and select “Generate OTP”
- You will be redirected to a new page under the title “Aadhaar Notification Setting”; click on “Authentication type” from the drop-down menu.
- Select a time frame for which you want to check the history by inputting the starting and ending date.
- Input the number of records and the One time password and select “Submit.
- Once you successfully submit these details, your screen will reflect your authentication history in the form of a table with the date, time, type ID as well as authentication type/
- Now, you can verify all your information.
Prerequisites to check the Aadhaar Authentication History Online:
There are only 2 basic things that are required to check Aadhaar authentication. This includes:
- Your 12-digit unique Aadhaar number
- A mobile number that is registered with Aadhaar to receive OTP.
A few things to be kept in mind:
- There is a maximum limit to the number of records that can be checked at one time, i.e. 50.
- You have the option to set a lock to your biometric information stored with your Aadhaar card.
- You can check the authentication of a website by noticing a green padlock sign next to the URL.
- The tool can provide authentication history for a maximum time period of 6 months.