- 1 How to Download mAadhaar app
- 1.1 Easy Step to Link Your Aadhar number to the mAadhar app
- 1.2 How to View Your Profile on mAadhaar?
- 1.3 How to delete your mAadhaar Profile
- 1.4 Benefits of mAadhaar app
- 1.5 How to UnLock and lock Biometrics on mAadhaar?
- 1.6 Limitations of mAadhar app
How to Download mAadhaar app
The importance of Aadhaar number has been increasing at a drastic rate throughout the country. And so the UIDAI, which is also known as the Unique Identification Authority of India has come out with a mobile related application, which is also very well known as the mAadhar and it is available for all those who have access to Android devices.
The good point about this feature is that the mAadhar app gives you the access to all the Aadhar Card details on your phone itself.
To avoid carrying this information with you in a hard copy or physically, UIDAI took this decision so that you can now easily carry this in the form of a soft copy.
As of now, the mAadhar would be available for all the smartphone users. As soon as you download this particular application on your phone, your current Aadhar profile would get stored in the app.
Your aadhar profile should include the following mandates – the registered phone number, name, gender, photo, address and you should also include all the other details stored in there.
Any time a service provider request for the Aadhaar card details, you can access the mAadhar app and provide the information.
Follow Given Step to download the mAadhaar app on your smartphone
Now, UIDAI has finally after creating a lot of speculation, launched the mAdhar app for all the users of smartphones. To download the app, follow the below mentioned steps.
Step 1: Visit www.play.google.com/store for free download of the app
Step 2: Navigate to the left side of the page, and click the drop-down there. Then select the “Apps” tab.
Step 3: It gets directed to a new page, which displays many apps
Step 4: On the search box, type mAadhaar and search there or goto here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.uidai.mAadhaarPlus&hl=en
Step 5: Select the mAadhaar UIDAI app and start the installation process on your smartphone.
Step 6: Download the app and open it after completion.
Step 7: The page will display a form “Create a password before importing your Aadhaar profile on this mobile”
Step 8: Create a password with a minimum of 8 characters including 1 special character, 1 digit and 1 capital alphabet. Enter it the second time to confirm the same.
Easy Step to Link Your Aadhar number to the mAadhar app
After you download process is completed, you can easily link your Aadhar number with the mobile application so that you are able to access details on the phone. Follow the given steps to complete the linking process easily-
Step 1: Open the mAadhaar app and enter the password that you had created
Step 2: Now, create your profile by providing your Aadhaar number. What you can also choose is to scan the barcode on the Aadhaar card instead of typing the number in
Step 3: The next step is to enter the number after scanning the barcode. Then you would have to verify the number by clicking Verify at the bottom. Make sure that you don’t navigate away from the page for sometime
Step 4: Once the details provided match, you will automatically receive the OTP on your registered mobile number
Step 5: The best part is that the app is designed in such a way that, once you receive the OTP on your registered mobile number, the OTP gets entered automatically and thus there remains no need to enter it manually.
Step 6: After this is done, you can easily be able to see your Aadhaar profile which includes your name, gender, registered phone number, residential address and other relevant information
How to View Your Profile on mAadhaar?
Below we have mentioned the step-by-step process of how to view your profile:
Step 1: Open the mAdhaar app
Step 2: Click on the Profile button on the homepage.
Step 3: Enter the password that you had created.
Step 4: Once you are on your profile page, just go through your information
Step 5: Just in case you forget your password, click on the “Reset password” option, present towards the end of the screen and then enter the new password to access your profile
How to delete your mAadhaar Profile
Deleting your account from mAadhar is very easy. Given below are the steps that can guide you in deleting your profile very easily.
Step 1: Open the mAadhaar app on your mobile screen
Step 2: Go over to your profile and click on the drop-down menu, at the top right portion of the screen
Step 3: Select the “Delete Profile” option
Step 4: Now as written, enter your password for authentication and its important in case you clicked it by mistake
Step 5: Instantly, your profile gets deleted
Benefits of mAadhaar app
UIDAI has introduced the mAadhaar app for the convenience of individuals. And so downloading the app will help individuals in many different ways. We have listed below are some the benefits of a mAadhaar app:
- Biometric Locking/Unlocking: the mAdhaar app has this different and a unique feature, where you can lock and unlock your biometric data. After you do this and enable this biometric locking system on your app, your biometric app will be locked until you unlock it the next time
- The main reason of having the mAadhar app is that it removes the need to carry the physical card with you. All this will be available on your smartphone after you download the app
- The mAadhaar app is pretty secured as it has time-based one-time password feature
- People now can easily use the app for completing the eKYC for banks and other financial transactions. And not just that, a user can also share the eKYC with any service provider
- With the help of the mAadhaar app, you can share your data with any third-party applications through NFC, QR codes, barcodes, or also email your details
How to UnLock and lock Biometrics on mAadhaar?
- Locking the Biometrics: We have mentioned some steps to protect the important details that you have.
- The first step is to link Aadhaar to mAadhaar app
- For this, one needs to login to your profile to select Preference from the drop-down menu
- Then, you can select the checkbox against “ Enable Biometrics Lock”, if you want to lock your biometrics
- Save the changes to retain them
- To view the saved changes, select Refresh settings from the menu tab
- Disable the Biometrics Locking: If you want to disable the biometrics locking, follow the given steps to access the Aadhaar details.
- Just log in to your profile and as given above, select Preference from the menu
- After that, on the profile screen, click on Unlock Biometrics button
- The Aadhaar app gets unlocked
Limitations of mAadhar app
Even if the mAadhar app gives the users immense security in terms of a lot of things such as data protection, but there are a few limitations to the app. For example, if you have downloaded the mAadhar app on your smartphone and you might just lose your phone, do not forget that all your personal details are in your phone. Also, you need to totally ensure that your sim is blocked as soon as you notice that you have lost your phone so that no one else gets a chance to see your personal information.